D2 Headliner

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by michael swankhouse michael swankhouse 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Richard Burrell
    Participant

I’ve got a 2003 Discovery II. The cloth on the headliner is starting to sag. It’s not as bad as some I’ve seen. You know the ones that look like a tent that wasn’t set up properly. And the driver can’t see out the rear view mirror.

Any suggestions on how to keep it from getting worse? Or, is there a way to fix it beyond finding another one and switching them out?

Larry
    Larry

Honestly the best ways I’ve seen to fix it is to remove it, remove the fabric and paint it. ¬†Apparently if you get it recovered it will eventually start sagging again due to all the odd angles and such.

Another option is to just remove it and take it to an automotive upholstery shop and have them recover it. ¬†My headliner is starting to sag a bit in my 2000 as well so I’ll be thinking about doing something over this upcoming winter.

MaddMatt
    MaddMatt
    Participant

I’ll be curious to see what you guys end up doing – mine is sagging – less than most, but at some point I’ll have to deal with it. You would think there would be way to put a very thin needle into the sags, squirt in some adhesive and fix those low spots, but I’m sure even a tiny hole would start a rip…..

Richard Burrell
    Participant

Thanks for that suggestion. I think painting it would be a great option. It’d also help with the scrapes that invariably happen when loading stuff that leaves marks.

michael swankhouse
    michael swankhouse
    Participant

We pulled the headliner out of my RRC and recovered it with some fabric from amazon for about $50.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.