Emissions testing

Home Forums Vehicle Technical Discussions Defender Emissions testing

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Stephan Barnard 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gene Greene
    Participant

Has anyone had any luck either passing or circumventing emissions testing for 1975 or newer Defenders or Series vehicles in required CO counties.

I have a phone number to call and plead for exemption but thought some research beforehand would help.

Thanks All!

G

1989 One Ten 3.5L petrol

Gene Greene
    Participant

No need for advice anymore on this topic – found an answer/ work-around.

Stephan Barnard
    Participant

Gene,

I live in Jeff CO, and just purchased a 1990 D110 Tdi. What was your answer/work-around for the emissions? Any help or advise would be welcomed.

Gene Greene
    Participant

Stephan,

I registered the One Ten in a different county, where I am building a cabin. No emissions are required up there.

Happy to give you some more details over the phone if you like – 303.915.9657

Good Luck-

Stephan Barnard
    Participant

Gene,

Thanks for the response. We have a family condo in Summit County, so I will be registering it there. Do you have any advice on reputable diesel mechanics that know Defenders. So far Matt from RoadsideWerx is top of the list, but it would be nice to have another go to guy if he gets too swamped. I plan on doing most of my own repairs in the future with the help of the Haynes “not so reliable” handbook, but I know I am going to get stuck at some point.

Thanks-

Gene Greene
    Participant

Stephan,

I cannot say that I know of any good diesel mechanics. JCBritish is where I have gone for my petrol Disco. I did not know about RoadsideWerx so thanks for the tip – he is close to home. I also try to do as much of my own work with manuals, forums and YouTube tutorials. The “Land Rover Toolbox Videos” are pretty great.

We are just across Hosier Pass from you, near FairPlay. Have to get together some time.

Gene

Josh L
    Participant

Just moved to Conifer, CO looking for a good Landy group.  Thoughts?

Stephan Barnard
    Participant

Josh, I feel that the Landy groups are hit and miss. Surprising for the large number of Series’s,  Defenders, Disco’s and Classic RR’s there are in and around Denver. The main group is Solihull Society, but from what you can see on their website there’s not that much activity or planned events. They did do a event recently at  https://www.facebook.com/JCBritish4x4/ about safety and a few other bids and bobs. Rover Rider’s is a Facebook group that meet every last Thursday of the month for a drink and a bite, https://www.facebook.com/RoverRiders/?hc_ref=ARTT4RAU9UZX2L9GbS783j_wkbJGgsOVDarNLBnEbfsEoGp7OH1ncUlYDm4rJ4iNJHQ, I’m yet to visit one of their meetups. I know there is a bunch of friends, which include Matt the owner of Roadsidewerx (my preferred Landy mechanic) that go wheeling together and meet from time to time, but they have no actual group. I grew up with Defenders in South Africa, but only bought my 1st one here in Denver, so am pretty new to all things LR. I try and do most repairs and rebuilds myself. and refer to Matt when I get in to deep. Not sure how involved you want to be or how much of a DIY’er you are, but I would be happy to connect to share the little I know, and possible learn a ton more. I live in Lakewood and my father in law lives in Conifer also. My rig is a 1990 110 200Tdi RHD, and my contact number is 303-653-3672 if you would like to meet up.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.