New Disco II Owner – saying Hello

Home Forums Vehicle Technical Discussions Discovery 1 / Discovery 2 New Disco II Owner – saying Hello

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by michael swankhouse michael swankhouse 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MaddMatt
    MaddMatt
    Participant

Hello!  As the title suggests, I’m the new owner of a 2000 Discovery II – and thought I’d check in here and say Hello.  Do you guys do this sort of thing?  Seems like a pretty quiet forum compared to my usual (Rising Sun, Expedition Portal, IH8Mud (although I haven’t been on that one in a long time))

My first Landrover, very excited and pretty sure I know what I’m getting into 🙂

Cosmetically very clean, runs great, has a handful of issues…

3 Amigos – Intermittent.  This will be primarily a second car, won’t need low range or HDC in the near future anyway, so this one is back burner for now

SES light – this is first priority – came on just a couple days after I bought it.  Local dealership can’t get the computer to give them any codes, good or bad.  Truck seems to run great, so I took it back and will think about this one for awhile.

Low range – won’t go into low range.  I think the previous owner never engaged lo, so probably the lock out solenoid is bad or the linkage is corroded, or both?  Like the 3 Amigos, not a first priority…  Thinking I’ll get the kit to access the CDL and fix all this at the same time, then deal with 3Amigos…

That’s it mechanically – cosmetically the headliner is starting to get loose, but no tears, no dirt and not actually falling down yet.  Drivers side headlight squirter is cracked (but works) and somebody replaced the factory headunit with some cheesy disco-lights Alpine unit.

Pics or it didn’t happen, so here you go

MaddMatt
    MaddMatt
    Participant

OK, I’m sorry, I don’t know why the background is green.

michael swankhouse
    michael swankhouse
    Participant

Welcome to the group.  This board isn’t as busy as those others.  I’d like to see it pick up some.  Which is why I keep posting new posts and updates on my Rover.  I’m new also.

A few weeks ago a couple of us went up and ran Slaughterhouse Gulch.  We want to do more runs.  My rover keeps getting upgrades almost weekly.  Should be real solid before too long.

MaddMatt
    MaddMatt
    Participant

Hi Michael,

I like Slaughterhouse – but haven’t been there in awhile. I’d like to use this forum, but I the background in any thread I post in appears as such a dark green that I can’t read anything – I have to highlight each post to see the text….

I’ve tried everything I can think of in the Profile settings – so I may end up as a permanent lurker….

michael swankhouse
    michael swankhouse
    Participant

I just noticed this doing this to me this week..  Wasn’t like this last week.  Not sure what’s going on.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.